We are now hiring for Analytics Engineer
Position title: Analytics Engineer
Location: Bayan Lepas, Penang
Salary range: RM4000 to RM9000
Type: Regular / Permanent
Other remark: Malaysian only
- The Data Scientist role is responsible for leading the successful delivery of Advanced Analytics solutions and services and is an experienced consultant in the areas of optimization, simulation, and/or predictive analytics.
- Typical tasks include defining the key business problems to be solved, formulating mathematical approaches to solve those problems, gathering of data to solve those problems, and finally developing analyzing/drawing conclusions & giving the presentations.
- The Data Scientist determines the relevant and compelling questions to ask and helps the team understand the potential meaning that can be extracted from their data by applying big data analytics, statistics, and machine learning techniques.
Advanced Analytics Execution
- Collaborate with Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Modelers, and Analytics Champions to cultivate leading-edge skills to help solve critical problems with new/promising tools
- Design, develop, and implement data analysis and statistical modeling solutions that can efficiently analyze large data and build predictive models to support decision making using off the shelf tools (e.g. SAS,R) and software (e.g. Python, Java, C/C++, .NET
- Maintain knowledge on current and emerging developments and trends in the analytics space. Assess the impact, and collaborate with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Proactively identify opportunities for Media Operation to deliver innovative solutions to internal issues/challenges and situations where leading edge technological innovations can be deployed to business advantage
Ad Hoc/Complex Analytics
- Collaborate with Project Data Architects to identify new data sources and integration
- Perform ad hoc/ custom data mining & analysis to answer cross-division business questions and deliver solutions utilizing advanced techniques
- Direct the technical design discussions on select projects; ensure requirements are translated, formatted and integrated into project design and understood by key stakeholders
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/ Add Math
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in mathematical optimization
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in semi-supervised learning & ensemble methods, decision trees, neural networks & risk modeling
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in modeling & mining large datasets using technologies such as R, Matlab, SAS, SPSS
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in data analytics & deployment of models and algorithms into a production environment in order to analyze extremely large volumes of structured data
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in applying advanced analytics techniques in a consulting environment
- Variables are diverse and require in-depth evaluation in order to understand their impact on the solution.
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues
- New procedures may be recommended as an outcome of this work.
- Work is highly complex, requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to apply new/innovative methods to resolve issues.
- Requires good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Knowledge in statistical software application.
- Good engineering sense and analytical skill.
- Strong leadership.
- Good working attitude and adaptability to dynamic working environment.
Job posted by: IT Recruiter
Please email application to azyan (at) synlog.net
or whatsApps to +60126011002