Position title: Senior Global Commodity Manager
Location: Bayan Lepas, Penang
Salary range: RM 10500 to RM17000
Type: Regular / Permanent
Other remark: Malaysian only
- Strategic Sourcing
- Develop, manage and execute strategies for the Capital Category
- Conduct RFQ and lead cross functional teams through the selection process of preferred suppliers with effective scoring criteria to critically evaluate supplier proposals in accordance within company policies
- Collaborate with technology/Equipment and tools Eng./Legal stakeholders to assess, understand, and prioritize business needs to optimize value with WD’s supply base
- Conduct spend/contract/proposal analysis for supply of capital equipment and tools to the leadership team
- Lead negotiations on commercial procurement agreements, including, but not limited to, Master Equipment/Tools Agreements (MEA’s) , Statements of Work (SOW’s) , Change Orders (CO’s) balancing business deliverables, legal interests and pricing
- Analyze total costs, assist business functions with ROI analysis, price and rate benchmarking and negotiate favorable business terms to leverage Western Digital purchasing power.
- Research market intelligence to understand cost drivers and market trends.
- Develop, refine and implement category strategies and tactics that enable the procurement of semiconductor equipment/tools at the highest value benefit to the company.
- Cultivate, enhance, and deepen cross functional stakeholder relationships at all levels serving as the subject matter expert on behalf of the procurement organization
- Actively monitor internal/external trends, synthesize and distill the business intelligence into actionable opportunities and pipeline projects that can and will be delivered Western Digital’s bottom line on an ongoing basis.
- Manage supplier relationships with a focus on supply/contract and cost management
- Lead supplier performance business reviews on a quarterly basis to enhance performance delivery from strategic partners
- Mediate supplier issues and resolve supplier contract disputes as needed
- Develop supplier rationalization entitlements for each category
- Evaluate processes and recommend improvements to standardize lifecycle contract and sourcing processes and systems
- Ensure pricing & deliverables as negotiated are included in the contract; coordinate comparison of proposals and final contract terms
- Act as liaison between Legal and the business
- Bachelor’s degree with 10yrs+ of experience in indirect strategic sourcing with a multi-national organization.
- Engineering in Degree are more preferred.
- Contract Negotiation / Vendor Mgmt. / Influencing skills are required.
- Experience and expertise with sourcing & contracting ERP tools (SAP and/or Oracle)
- Experience with assembly and automation equipment.
- Experience with assembly and automation equipment
- Ability to work well in a high-pace dynamic environment, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and ensure task completion and deadlines are met as required
- Demonstrated skills in negotiating and formulating technology contracts, understanding cost models and various price structures, management of contractual, IP and labor law risks.
- Strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills required.
- Excellent team facilitation and presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Kindly email your updated resume or whatsApps +60126011002 for further details
Job posted by: IT Recruiter
Please email application to azyan (at) synlog.net