As a front counter service elf at our cafe, you’ll be an important part of our customer service team, working under our head baker to ensure our customers start their day off right. You’ll greet customers with a smile when they walk in the door and offer assistance with anything they need. This includes giving cake recommendations, answering questions about our delicious bakes or helping out with custom cake orders.
This role is ideal for friendly, personable workers with a passion for food.
Working hours are 10 am to 7 pm, Monday to Saturday and selected public holidays.
- Involved in the opening and closing of the cafe
- Preparing the cakes and other bakes to be served to the customers
- Packing cakes and other bakes for take away
- In charge of maintaining the cleanliness of the cafe (i.e. cleaning glass doors and windows, wiping down tables, washing plates and cutleries, sweeping the cafe through the day, taking out the rubbish)
- Answering the cafe telephone
- Attending to custom cake orders
- Observing the cafe stock (i.e. takeaway cups, takeaway boxes, plastic forks)
- Ability to stand for several hours at a time in a fast pace environment
- Ability and willingness to learn
- Integrity to follow company policies and procedures
- Work quickly under time constraints
- Other ad hoc duties as assigned from time-to-time
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English and Bahasa
- Minimum certificate or diploma or vocational, with minimum grade CGPA 3.5 or 2nd class upper or equivalent
- Passionate about food and people
- Positive and inviting atitude
- Own transportation to and from work location
- Can start work immediately
- 2 positions available
Salary: RM 1,300.00 probation, RM 1,500.00 after 3 months probation period
- EPF/SOCSO contribution
- Staff meal provided
Location: Taman Melawati
To apply please email resume with cover letter in PDF format OR you can come by our cafe and drop your resume and cover letter off, and meet our wonderful team!