This role is responsible for selling into new prospects as well as farming back into existing customers to ensure high renewal and customer satisfaction levels. Measures of success include new customer acquisition rates, renewal rates, upselling, cross-selling, customer satisfaction and contribution to overall sales team and business success.
- Cooperate closely with the Sales Director and Product Managers (based in Singapore) to define actions to extend igus® product sales in the defined region.
- Drive sales activities for all products in general and assigned products in specific across the defined region to ensure revenue and profitability growth of the igus® Malaysia organization.
- Actively visit customer and business partners and build your network which will support the company’s’ growth (finding new potential clients, business partners as well as possible additional talents for the organization)
- You will be instrumental in extending our customer base, reach new clients and markets and drive our sales with respective growth ambitions (KPI setting etc. etc.)
- Research and implement marketing campaigns and activities such as trade shows, advertising, press releases, mailings, seminars, “smart attack” & “smart defense” etc. in-line with igus’ best practices and global marketing strategies to ‘push’ the “Plastics for Longer Life” vision.
- Provide technical product counselling and training in general, engineering support and solutions which ‘help the clients’ to find the cheapest solution that works.
- Support the brand awareness of igus® products in general across Malaysia.
- Be a strong ‘local’ leader, role model and team player alike – contributing and working together with the rest of ASEAN team to meet the company’s ambitious goals and growth objectives.
- This role will be a part of the rapidly growing igus® team located in various countries in Asia.
- It is responsible for providing clients with sales advice and support and act as the sales team’s technical encyclopedia during the sales of goods and services.
- Work closely and collaboratively with other sales personnel’s, and colleagues from other departments such as customer service team, inside sales and product managers to ensure successful delivery of solutions to customers.
The successful candidate will be expected to possess and display the following skills, knowledge and attributes in order to excel in the role:
- Engineering (electrical or mechanical) degree or similar educational back ground
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in selling and advising on technical products
- Commercial acumen / education on top is preferred
- Established and strong network in the engineering field, machine building or similar industry is of advantage
- Outgoing (sales) personality with high energy and self-motivation (self-driven)
- Effective communication skills with the ability to listen, understand, educate, and influence customers/potential customers regarding products.
- Strong leadership skills to own and lead all technical aspects of the sales process.
- Able to work under pressure in a flexible and fast changing environment
- Able to work independently and focused with the objective to position igus® as the key brand in Malaysia
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Possession of own car.
Salary: MYR 3,000 ~5,000